iPhone 3.0 users report Wi-Fi connectivity issues

Posted by iphoney on 10:17 PM

image 

Ever since upgrading to iPhone OS 3.0 on both my first generation iPhone and my brother’s current generation iPod touch, I’d been experiencing flaky Wi-Fi connectivity on both devices. I didn’t think much about it at first: Wi-Fi coverage has always been an issue in our three-story brick-and-mortar house, so I kept telling myself it was no worse than before.

However, upon reading complaints about Wi-Fi reception on iPhone 3.0 from hundreds of other disgruntled iPhone and iPod touch users on the Apple discussion boards, I cannot ignore it anymore—Wi-Fi coverage has definitely taken a turn for the worse in the Arya household ever since the introduction of iPhone OS 3.0. Through it all, my MacBook has been unaffected by the change and still joins the same Wi-Fi network at the same location in the house without any issues at all.

There are several threads on the Apple discussion boards dedicated to this problem, which seems to be affecting users of all models of the iPhone and iPod touch, and there isn’t any official solution or acknowledgment from Apple yet. It is almost definitely a software issue though, so I expect to see a fix for it in the upcoming iPhone OS 3.1 update (which will likely be free for all iPhone and iPod touch users).

Share this post :

0 comments:

Post a Comment